Marcie Deffenbaugh is the GIS Lead and Senior GIS Analyst for Haag 3D Solutions, a division of Haag Engineering Co. In this role, Ms. Deffenbaugh is responsible for coordinating, directing, and optimizing the use and implementation of spatial data services for GIS asset management projects. Ms. Deffenbaugh also oversees a staff of seven GIS technicians and analysts (five Haag employees and two non-Haag employees) who provide data validation and project management services for a large oil and gas client. As the primary liaison between the client management team and Haag 3D Solutions personnel, Ms. Deffenbaugh provides technical consulting services on a regular basis.
Ms. Deffenbaugh has extensive experience in the integration and normalization of geospatial data for surveying projects in the petroleum industry. She has worked with land surveyors and GIS professionals in the development of industry-specific standards and methodology for field data collection and geospatial data submissions for surveying companies, including data management and conflict resolution for property boundary and right-of-way surveys. Ms. Deffenbaugh is also experienced in GIS implementation and project management for a wide range of industries including transportation, governmental and non-governmental organizations, and non-profit entities.
Ms. Deffenbaugh is very proficient with numerous computer applications including a variety of Esri products (ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS online, model builder, data reviewer, spatial analyst, 3D analyst) and scripting programs related to GIS (Python, FME). Ms. Deffenbaugh also has broad experience in database design and development using SQL Server, VB.Net/VB.Net/Visual Basic/VBA, and Microsoft Access.
- Master of Information Science, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Master of Latin American Studies, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish Studies, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Kentucky Association of Mapping Professionals (KAMP) Member
- Urban and Regional Information Systems Association Texas (URISA Texas) Member
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- SafeLandUSA, Basic Safety Awareness Orientation